(Update 3) Give Thanks
Dear Family and Friends,
After two days of traveling we have made it to Joe City. Throughout the course of the past few days, it has been amazing to see how God has prepared the way for this trip. Every flight was smooth, transitioning through unknown airports was done with ease, and the help that we so often need due to language barriers was provided.
As we lay down tonight, I am reminded of the song of our new friend, J. J picked us up from the airport last night. A fellow believer, that speaks very little english, J attempted to ask us questions to make conversation. At one point he began to share his favorite song in mandarin. This song is called “Give thanks.” Our hearts were encouraged and challenged as we dwelt upon the call to live in thanksgiving.
Tomorrow we will spend our time in the classroom. It is our prayer that during this time God would have freedom to do what he wants. We know that we are currently in a city where the majority of people have never heard the message of the gospel. We ask that you continue praying that the hearts of the students would be opened to the message and that many would come to know him as a result.
– Team C
- Pray for energy and focus as the team adjusts to a different time zone
- Pray for receptive hearts for the students that the team will encounter
- Pray for boldness
- Pray for the Spirit to set meetings in advance and to direct their steps
- Pray for the people that they will meet and share with, that their hearts would be open
- Pray for our friends in East Asia that they would be encouraged and empowered by our team.