July Trip Update #2: Safe Arrival and Reconnecting with Friends
Here is the latest from the team:
Dear Family and Friends,
After three flights and one long bus ride, we have finally made it to Joe City. The team is tired, but excited to get to work. God has already made provision for us as there have been people along our way guiding us through the travel process. We even had the opportunity to encourage and pray with a young single girl who was making her way to the Philippines to teach in a missionary school.
Today we met up with the believing friends that are instrumental in guiding us, and we also met up with our interpreter. We shared an authentic meal together and then enjoyed a little friendly yet competitive scavenger hunt around the city. This allowed us time to get a feel for the city and also allowed us the opportunity to talk with several local people.
Tomorrow morning we will begin traveling to local towns in hopes of sharing about God along with following up with new brothers and sisters. These are new believers that connected with the last team that was here in June. Please lift up our team as we begin this portion of our journey. Ask for appointed opportunities to make the name of our Father famous.
- For the team to have fresh energy as they begin to engage with people.
- For the believers that the team will follow up with. Pray for their faith to be encouraged and that they would be connected with a believing body close by.
- For divine appointments to be revealed and for the team to respond to them with boldness.
- For health as their bodies adjust to a new time zone and a new diet.
- That God would be glorified by every step that the team takes!